“This Is Nasslle”? Both images were created with the AI app Midjourney.
Artificial intelligence and apps like Lensa and Midjourney allow anyone with an internet connection to create award-winning art works.
However, for artists and illustrators who have spent years perfecting their style, AI-generated art potentially threatens their livelihood. Local artists have also seen their work scraped by AI.
In this episode, we talk to artists and engineers about how AI works and the ethics surrounding this recent technology.
But first, host Khalil Ekulona and digital lead Anna Gallegos-Cannon respond to listener feedback and preview a future episode about long COVID in @ Us.
- Kelly McKernan, independent visual artist
- Tyquan D. Morton, writer, poet and artist who uses AI in art
- Dr. Nettrice Gaskins, digital artist who uses AI, cultural critic, and assistant director of the Lesley STEAM Learning Lab
- Dr. Doug Fisher, associate professor of computer science and associate professor of computer engineering at Vanderbilt University
- Evan Conrad, AI developer, programmer and designer
Leave a Reply